Slow cooker Thai Chicken soup Ingredients
- 2 (14 oz) cans lite coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (the all-natural, runny kind no sugar or salt added)
- 1 (4 oz) jar red curry paste (start with 1/4 cup and add more to taste)
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional – start without, and add after cook time for more spice)!
- 1 pound raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Salt to taste if necessary (I needed quite a bit of salt, but it will depend on your soy sauce and chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Chopped cilantro garnish
- Chopped peanuts garnish
- Brown rice or noodles for serving
Whisk together coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, curry paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in greased crockpot.
Add in chicken breasts, onion, carrots, pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli.
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours.
Remove chicken and cut into chunks.
Stir back into soup.
Stir in lime juice.
Taste and re-season with salt, more curry paste, red pepper flakes, if necessary.
Serve over brown rice or noodles and garnish with cilantro and peanuts