Slow Cooker Chicken Lentil Soup
- 1 pound dried lentils
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- Cayenne if desired*
- 7 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Green onions for topping
- Cilantro for topping
- Non fat plain greek yogurt for topping
Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
Place all ingredients into crockpot (except green onions, cilantro, and greek yogurt) and stir to combine.
Cook on HIGH for FOUR hours or LOW for EIGHT hours.
After the soup is done cooking, remove chicken breasts and shred them using two forks.
Place chicken back into soup and stir to combine.
Serve with sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, and greek yogurt!Makes 8 servings.Macros: Fat 2g, Carbs 40g, Protein 28g, Fiber 18g