Ground Turkey Fried Rice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce, plus more to taste
(I did 2 tablespoons)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups leftover unseasoned cooked brown rice chilled in the fridge
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Green onions for garnish, if desired
- Sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Sriracha for garnish, if desired
Melt coconut oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
Once melted, add in turkey, onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
Start cooking, breaking up the meat as you go.
After a few minutes, stir in soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce.
Continue cooking until meat is no longer pink.
Once cooked, push meat and veggies aside.
If the pan seems dry, spray with cooking spray, then and pour in egg.
Scramble, then stir into meat/veggies.
Stir in peas and brown rice and cook until heated through.
Drizzle with sesame oil and serve with garnishes!Serves 4Macros:Fat 5g, Protein 21g, Carbs 33g